Sunday, March 9, 2008

TV Tickers from Hell - Stop the madness!

I was snowed in for most of the weekend so I watched a lot of TV. However a serious problem quickly arose that drove me to post and rant.

The never-ending tickers that have overwhelmed TV shows. Not just one ticker, not even two but up to three tickers at a time!

I have made complaints to local stations especially when my favorite show, LOST, was over run with evil tickers. My complaints fell on deaf ears. So I decided to out them.

WCPO.com is the biggest problem. They even have sponsorship for their tickers, which I plan to promptly boycott.

I tried to watch my favorite NBA team, the Phoenix Suns, but ticker hell so overwhelmed the games I ended up switching to NASCAR! It was that bad.

Here's a for examples.

DSC02641.JPG

We still have to see a score so the game graphics have to go on TOP of those figgin tickers.
DSC02640.JPG

There's times when nearly half the screen is taken with graphics and those evil tickers.
DSC02639.JPG

Poor Shaq, he looks about five feet tall, thanks to those bastard tickers.
DSC02642.JPG

I call these the triple death tickers. The same two tickers that have been running 24hrs non-stop are now join with a third band of graphics. A quarter of my screen is gone! You would think when the news starts, the tickers would disappear, but noooo.
DSC02643.JPG

Why not, lets toss in a few more graphic elements.
DSC02644.JPG

Enough!

Heck with going to Mars. Google needs to sponsor a contest that allows consumers to remove the bane of my existence, tickers.

No comments: